Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26: Get Some Inner Peace

My friend and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 yesterday, and two words have been reverberating in my head ever since, "Inner Peace."  It's something I've been trying to achieve for a long time, ever since I read "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire." 
It can be hard, in the hustle and bustle of life, as appointments and "to do lists" and calendar days fly by, as our differences cause us to clash and collide, as disappointments and frustrations deride us and we feel restless, upset, or hopeless, to achieve and maintain that inner peace.  This weekend was really fun, but it also involved some serious conversations, and a lot of thinking about things that are lacking from my life.  Sometimes we think we have things figured out, only to have a thought or realization that throws everything up in the air again and has us trying to put together a puzzle we've already put together, dangit!  When moments like this arise and we feel ourselves on a precipice of change or big decisions, it can be wise to pause, reflect, and gain some inner peace.
I love to turn to writing, reading, and meditation, but a nice long talk with my Mom also helps.  We are impatient creatures, but it helps to slow down, take a deep breath, think things through, and realize that answers usually come when we need them, things work out if we are true to ourselves, and the Master is aware of every possibility our lives contain.

“Anything is possible when you have inner peace.” Shifu

No comments:

Post a Comment