Monday, October 17, 2011

Oct 17: Begin Anywhere

  Wow. So there is an obvious time gap between this post and my last one (in case you missed that).  I am happy to say I have made progress in several arenas since then.  But sadly I have become slack in others, such as this blog, which I love and miss.  Going back and reading my old posts makes me realize that this blog has been like therapy for me.  That blogging about my problems and challenges, and then researching solutions, finding a visual and an inspiring quote, has helped bring some focus and clarity to my life.  I am sorely lacking this lately.  I have been feeling very inspired, but have had trouble channeling that into something productive.  The more time goes by, the harder it is to jump back into something: church, school, a job, a hobby, anything.  And if you're anything like me, you WAY overthink the whole process, causing further delay.  I waited so long to start blogging because I had so many thoughts since then that I didn't know where to start.  I felt like this post had to be powerful, had to somehow redeem me for all the time I missed.  But then I realized how silly that is.  It doesn't matter where I begin, only THAT I BEGIN.

"Not knowing where to start is the most common form of paralysis.  Begin anywhere." - John Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment