Thursday, December 1, 2011

Follow Your Heart

I always have a lot going on in my mind, but lately it has been especially crazy.  I've been seeking others' advice, people I love, trust, and admire.  But at some point you have to stop asking other people what you should do and listen to your own thoughts.  A good friend of mine once told me he admired me because I know who I am and what I want.  This is wonderful, but it doesn't necessarily mean life will be simpler for me.  Just because I know who I am doesn't mean I don't want to change things about myself.  And just because I know what I want doesn't mean I know how to get it, or if I'm even meant to have it.
Everyone has dreams that never come true, a career path they don't follow, a place they never go, people they never meet, talents they never develop, things that they want, big or small, that they will never get.  But at the same time, God is placing new people, places, events, opportunities, and learning experiences in our path on a daily basis.  Who knows what will happen if we can follow our hearts and seize these moments?

Your time is limited, so dont waste it living someone elses life. Dont be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other peoples thinking. Dont let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. - Steve Jobs

1 comment:

  1. Jeff will love the Steve Jobs quote:) Good read for me for today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete