Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28: Reach Out

So, I have been having a hard time lately, as some of you know.  And I am in the preparation stages of a major revolution of spirit.  I mean, that is the idea of this, after all.  So today I was trying to catch up on some things, among them my overdue dailies.  And one of them is to "reach out."  This is something I made a priority to remind me on a daily basis to reach out to the people in my life that I love- through visit, email, phone, text, or a letter, and to see how they are and let them know I am there for them.  Most of the time not a whole lot comes of it, but it is still a rewarding experience that helps me keep in touch with people and not be too anti-social.  This month, however, since I have been in my dark funk, I haven't been wanting to talk to or visit people, even people I love.  But today I went out of my way to reach out to about a dozen people I'd been thinking about but hadn't talked to in awhile.  Turns out a few of them had been going through some of the same things I had.   I got to talk to a couple of them on the phone, and it made me realize how much I love and miss them, and how lucky I am to have them in my life.  So reach out to those people in your life, at least one a day.  Mix it up a little, clear your mind, and see who pops into your head.  You may be answering a prayer.  Or they may answer one of yours.


“You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”  Winnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment