Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2: Welcome Incredible Blessings With Gratitude

Received the most amazing news in the world today, and had no choice but to write about it as I am totally freaking out!  A little over a year ago, I was living in Idaho.  I didn't know that many people at the time, but I took a chance and went to a party, figuring it would be a good chance to make some new friends.  Now, I am not an outgoing person, and I felt awkward a good portion of the evening.  However, I pushed myself to at least try to get to know someone.  In a manner completely unlike me, I struck up a conversation with this random girl, who also looked shy.  Before long we were finding out all kind of similarities between ourselves, and were excited to have made such an unexpected friendship.  We made several attempts to hang out, but things never worked out.  Then she went home to Australia and a few months later, I moved home to Florida.  When she randomly called wanting to visit, I was a little hesitant.  I mean, we didn't spend that much time together, and we didn't know each other that well.  But she came and over the next few days, it was official.  We were absolutely meant to be friends.  And now she is mailing me to Australia to visit her and her family for 3 months!  I guess it just goes to show that extraordinary things can happen to us only after we step outside our ordinary comfort zone.  If I had been my usual self that night, I wouldn't be friends with this amazing person now.  I cannot express enough how much this girl means to me, and how overwhelmed I am by this generous gift.  Hopefully some day, I will be able to repay her.  Until then, I plan to enjoy every moment with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment