Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7: Make Lemonade


Today as I was out delivering flowers for Mother's Day, I passed a kid selling lemonade.  I happened to be incredibly thirsty, and so I got 2- one "pink" and one "yellow."  He was so excited to be getting business and was so polite and cute, it made my day.  I thought of some of the crazy things my sisters and I did when we were little to make money.
I guess as a kid we see things on such a small, simple scale, that even the prospect of a dollar here or there can excite us.  A grown up would look pretty ridiculous out in front of their house selling lemonade, but a kids can pull it off.
"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."  That's a famous saying we've all heard, which basically means to turn a "sour" situation into something good.  Of course, "unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade's gonna suck."  So luckily, we get lots of that too.  Somehow, we have to mix the sour and sweet and make it into something delicious:)  Today, think of something "negative" in your life and how you can use it to make something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment