Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6: Make a Joyful Noise

So... delivered flowers for Kuhn today.  It was kinda stressful at times because some of the deliveries had up to 10 arrangements, some are heavy, some are slippery, it rained half the day, my map book had pages missing, I wasn't sure where I was going, had to deal with a couple cranky people, etc.  However, I also had fun.  I love driving, and since I've been back in Florida and without a car of my own, I haven't been able to do it as much as I would like, especially on my own.  When I'm on my own I can talk to myself, sing, brainstorm, make up song lyrics or sometimes snippets of scenes for books, I love it!  Plus, I did meet some sweet people as well.  One lady was particularly adorable- she was elderly, talkative, so excited to get flowers, and felt sorry for me that I'd had to deliver in the rain and for so long (delivered my last one at 9pm).  Above the entry to her driveway is an arch that reads "Joyful Meadows."  On the way out, it reads "Make a Joyful Noise."  After meeting her and witnessing her cheerful demeanor, I could tell that this was not something she just randomly placed above her driveway, it was a philosophy that she lived by.  It stuck with me the rest of the evening.  I definitely believe in karma- in the sense that we get out of life what we put into it.  If we exude joy (whether by laughing, singing, or positive conversation), we will receive more joy from others.  So get out there and make some joyful noise!


No comments:

Post a Comment