Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1: Rinse and Repeat

Ah... welcome, May!  You have been much anticipated.  After the rise and fall of the New Year's newness, it's helped to reassess and begin... again.  I've been glancing through this years' morning pages and these posts, thinking of all the good, bad, ups, downs, and opportunities the year has brought already.  And though I have a really long way to go, I have faith that the best is yet to come.
It can be kind of frustrating to realize that the changes we try to make or the things we try to overcome keep popping up again and again in our lives.  It can seem like we aren't making any progress at all, it can be really hard to keep up enthusiasm, and really easy to give up.  It's important to take a look at our strategy and either try a new tactic, or just a better attempt at the old one.
My dailies list has gotten so big- 15 things now that I'm trying to do every day.  That's a lot of things!  So tonight as I make my dailies list for the new month, I'm going to "rinse" the things out that are distracting me from accomplishing more important things.  But there are some things, like daily prayer, scripture study, and meditation, that definitely need to stay.
The trick is knowing what things to cut out of our lives (even though they may be good), to make room for the things that really matter (the things that are best.)  So I am attempting that yet again.  I am aiming for only 6 dailies.  Maybe 7.  Okay, we'll see...  One thing is for sure, sometimes you have to clear out the weeds so the flowers stand out.  In the words of Ing, "Downsize... Purify.  Streamline, find your center."

No comments:

Post a Comment