Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17: Make Things Happen

I had such a great day today that it was hard for me to decide what to post, but finally I decided on "making things happen."  Possibly my worst fault (and I have many) is that while I may have great ideas and good intentions, I don't often see them through.  My Feb 17 post was about committing- about knowing when to focus on the task at hand and see things through.  And my Jan 11 post was about reading more.  And while I have been reading a lot (right now I'm reading 3 books at once and about to start a 4th), I also mentioned my desire to start a book club.  This is something I've wanted to do for years.  It's not especially difficult, it doesn't cost much money, and I had no major barriers in the way of doing it, and yet, I never did.  Until now.  Tonight was the first meeting of my new book club.  And as I sat there with friends and family I love, voting for books and enjoying delicious food, I was filled with the pure satisfaction of having finally done something I'd been meaning to do.  Of course, this will be an on-going thing, requiring endurance and consistency, but I think starting was more than half the battle.  Starting is half the battle in most things, just like in my Mar 7 post, Try the rule of Five.  Don't you just love when things intersect like that?
Anyway, to sum things up, there are several important steps to making things happen in your life: 1.) focus your intention, 2.) be open to opportunities to achieve your goals, and 3.) receive those opportunities by acting upon them.  The more action we take, the more opportunities will come our way.

Success, happiness, peace of mind and fulfillment - the most priceless of human treasures - are available to all among us, without exception, who make things happen - who make "good" things happen - in the world around them” - Joe Klock

No comments:

Post a Comment