Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18: Doubt not, but be Believing

     I've had a cold for a few days now, so I have had no energy.  I've been achy, my sinuses are crazy, and I just feel all around cruddy.  And even though I sometimes use that as an excuse not to do some of my dailies (like working in the yard, for example), I thought there are some that might really help (like meditating).  So as I was coughing and sneezing and wiping my runny nose, I lit candles and listened to calming music and kind of laughed to myself thinking, "Yeah, I'm really going to feel peaceful and get a lot out of this tonight..."  I couldn't focus, I couldn't relax, and finally I said, "Okay, I'll just breathe deep and smile for 1 song and then I'll go do something else if I feel like it."  So I took a deep breath and a moment later, I had an idea that felt so inspired, so life-changing, so encompassing of everything I love and want to be and do, that it blew my mind wide open.  It was a big idea, HUGE!  And though I had no idea HOW I would accomplish this, I could see it in my future so clear and obvious that it felt like it had already happened.
     Coincidences are messages from God, ideas are invitations to action, and challenges are opportunities.  We don't have to know how we are going to do something, we have to first believe it is possible and then seize opportunities to bring it about.  We have to "doubt not, but be believing."  Which reminds me of a journal entry I once wrote: "In my city there is a small hill.  And when I am riding up it, sometimes it is too hard.  I slow down at the top and walk the rest of the way.  And after I rest, I will sit on my bike and look back down.  It is so dark I cannot see the path.  And yet I pick up my feet and fly into the darkness.  I cannot see the path, I only trust that it is there."
     So I have this dream.  Now... what will I do with it?

   Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment