Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22: Be wEiRd...

Okay, so I had no idea what to post about tonight, and I even surfed the internet for awhile seeking inspiration (which is totally retarded because inspiration should come from withIN).  And I'm not sure if it's the cough medicine thinking or not, but I decided to write tonights post on being weird.  What made me think of this is that I had an awesome meditation today, and I almost told my sister all about it, but thought it was maybe too weird. But then, I thought, "she knows I'm weird, I've been weird around her her entire life, why should I shield her from my weirdness now?"  Weirdness, in fact, is one of my favorite qualities in life: weird people, weird food, weird art, weird books, weird movies, weird music.  All weird really means is unusual.  And unusual is interesting.  The best things in my life are weird.  For example, my weird family:
1.) remember that time we went through a drive-thru and they gave us like ten straws even though we only got two drinks, and you turned around and put the extra straws between your fingers and then slashed my throat and yelled "WOLVERINE!" and I swerved and almost killed us?  Yeah, that was great.
2.) remember the time Dad was working over at the neighbors and you were driving home and he saw your van down the street, so he laid on the ground and put the ladder on top of him so you would think he fell?
3.) remember how you came home from school and I said you smelled like E.T.'s bellybutton?
4.) remember that one night that dad was pouting and hadn't spoken to anyone for like an hour, and we were making up a poem and needed a word to rhyme with Cody and Dad said "bloaty" and we were crying we were laughing so hard?
5.) remember how Magic (our cat) used to hide under the beds when it was time for her to go out at night and we used to lure her out by throwing my heating pad on the ground and turning on the massager?
6.) remember when you brought in the laundry by piling it on your back and then started talking like that freakin' creepy lady in "The Labyrinth?"  "Where's your panda slippers, you can't forget your panda slippers..."
7.) remember how dad found that mummified cat when he was remodeling a building and he kept it for years and brought it out to show our friends and told them it was our pet, "Noodle?"

For tips on how to be weird, check out: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Weird

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

1 comment: