Friday, February 11, 2011

Feb 11: Be Kind to Yourself

So soooo close to not posting tonight.  Besides a couple great moments with my sisters (hello pedicures:), today felt like kind of a fail.  I didn't do any of my morning "stuff"- my morning pages, my reading, my walk... and tonight at the dance (even though I did have a lot of fun at some moments)  was an epic fail as far as making new friends.  I did talk to a few people I didn't know, but I didn't go out of my way to, and I didn't follow any of the tips from yesterday's post.  I was feeling pretty crappy (and sore) about the whole thing, and then this quote from "Eat, Pray, Love" popped into my head.  The hot Italian tutor tells her that when you are learning new things "you have to be kind to yourself."  And though making friends should not be something new, we should learn that skill as Kindergarteners, (sp?) for me it is a new goal, and therefore I count it as something I should be kind to myself about.  There is enough negativity to fight against in the world without being down on yourself for your shortcomings on top of that.  Tonight I was listening to a friend's problems.  Why is it easy for me to be patient and comforting with her, but not to myself?  Well, I am working on it.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And even though I disappointed myself today, I can be kind enough to say it's okay, it's not the end of the world, I can try again tomorrow.  And now I am going to do myself a huge favor and GO TO SLEEP:)

No comments:

Post a Comment