Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feb 6: Keep Trying

The last few days have been kind of awful.  I've been really frustrated and disappointed with myself because I keep falling short of my expectations.  We can really beat ourselves up over the mistakes we make, especially if they seem to be the same ones over and over again.  There was a lot of talk today about what we want vs. what happens, about having trust in God to give us what's best for us, about patience and perseverance.  I have never been good with those "p words," and it seems as if others are struggling with them as well.  We will all go through times when it seems like everything has gone wrong, we have failed, or we aren't making any progress.  The important thing is to not let those defeating feelings keep us from seeing the truth, that we are in fact moving forward.  There may be diversions along the way, but we have to keep going because we never know what's around the next corner.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”  Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment