Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feb 8: Face It

Listened to "Details in the Fabric" on repeat the other night, and a line has been stuck with me.  "If it's a broken part, replace it, if it's a broken arm, then brace it, if it's a broken heart, then face it."  We each have things in life that we avoid, whether it be a person, a place, a chore.  And today I had several things to do that I didn't want to, partly because I'm sick, and partly because I kept putting them off and they seemed to grow in their intimidation.  And though it took me most of the day to get started, they seem much easier to achieve now.  Why does it seem like the more afraid of something we are, the more rewarding it turns out to be?  Most of the things we worry about come and go and are much less daunting than we anticipated.  Afterward we wonder, "What was I so afraid of?" or "Why have I been putting that off for so long?"  We can hit snooze and put things off until tomorrow and avoid life for awhile, but eventually we have to face it.  And each time we do, we are enlightened, encouraged, and empowered.  After all, the best way to get something done... is to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment