Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feb 22: Be More Social

Work was long today, and by the time I got home I was sore, tired, and felt kinda gross.  I was really close to not wanting to go to class, but I did, and I'm so glad.  There's nothing like seeing a bunch of your friends, getting hugs, talking about each other's lives and upcoming plans, and just laughing and having fun together.  With all of the technology at our fingertips, it can be easy to stay connected to old friends and share in the daily events in each others' lives.  But to see each other, touch, and have live interaction brings a level of intimacy and connection that facebook can't.  Socializing has been proven to help: relieve self-esteem, decrease shyness, loneliness, and anxiety, help us build more meaningful relationships, create more opportunities for enjoyment, provide better career opportunities, strengthen individuality, and increase I.Q.  Weird, I know, but socializing actually makes us smarter.  Whether you are interacting with family or friends, in a religious, athletic, or any other capacity, it is important to get out there and mingle.  My sisters and I are proud to announce that we are officially starting a book club.  I will also have to be going to a lot of places around town for my blogger job, so hopefully that will open up a whole new social network.  Any time we get outside of our head and interact with people around us, we are acknowledging that we are not alone in the world.  And that is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment