Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feb 17: Be Committed

This is not the kind of committed like in Girl, Interrupted, though around our house it can seem like that's where we should be headed.  Rather, this is a way to focus on what you are doing instead of doing things half-heartedly.  Today was my training call for my new blogger job, and I was really nervous.  I decided that if I was really going to do this, I'd better really commit.  And so today I got up early, spent a few hours going through the information packet she'd emailed me, checking out the links, etc.  I even spent some time cleaning and organizing the office (b/c it was ridiculously cluttered- and that is NOT conducive to a pleasant working atmosphere.)  Now I am trained and ready to get started!  Those who know me know that I have a hard time committing to things.  I have an insatiable wanderlust.  An irrepressible, irresponsible, free spirit.  I'm grateful for all of the opportunities I've had, but sometimes I wonder where I'd be if I'd stuck to one of them, really committed.  In life there will be experiences that come and go, people, jobs, hobbies.  But we have to really grasp the good ones with both hands and hold on tight for as long as we're able.  Pretty ironic, I know, after yesterday's post... but I believe that there is opposition in all things, and wisdom comes from knowing how to balance them.

"There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love.  There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen."  -Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment