Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb 14: Share the Love

So since it's Valentine's Day, I just had to write today's post about love.  I delivered flowers for Kuhns today- 38 deliveries!  So all day I got to deliver flowers to women and it's interesting to see how each of them reacted.  A few of them were surprised and then couldn't stop smiling, a few were like "Oh, he's so sweet..." a couple of them barely showed any reaction at all, as if they just expected them and it was nothing special, and one of the women was downright cranky.  Strange how all of them were receiving flowers- a gift of love and appreciation, a sign that someone cared about them, and yet they each reacted differently.  How do we react to signs of love from other people?  Does it depend on who the person is, what kind of mood we're in, or how accustomed we are to their affection?  I have never been in a relationship on Valentine's Day, so I have never had a "romantic" Valentine's Day.  But without fail, I have someone in my life to write me a card, send me something, give me something, and show me that they care.  Valentine's Day is not just for lovers, it's for love.  Hopefully we are not waiting for a special holiday to show the people in our lives how much they mean to us.  We can also try harder to be easier to love, kinder, gentler, huggable...

All you need is love.
John Lennon & Paul McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment