Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 15: Go With the Flow

As part of my recovery from Valentine's Day I slept in until noon today.  The good part is, I needed the rest.  The bad part is, I'd forgotten how much sleeping in can throw off the whole rest of your day.  I didn't do any of my "morning stuff" and I could really feel the difference.  As I was on the way to institute (and all through class) I just felt scatter-brained, frazzled.  Then I had a good talk with a friend.  By simply facing something I'd been nervous about, all of the stress and worry faded away and I melted into the moment and felt completely centered and at peace.  We waste so much of our lives over-thinking, over-analyzing, and worrying about what may or may not happen.  But life is constantly changing, as are we (hopefully for the better), so why not just accept that we don't have all the answers, we don't know what the future holds.  If we can learn to enjoy the moment, then the future is pretty bright.  


“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Lao-Tzu


p.s. this is a really great article about this topic, check it out :)


http://zenhabits.net/12-practical-steps-for-learning-to-go-with-the-flow/

No comments:

Post a Comment