Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 2: Look Into Your Dreams

Imagine if all of the answers you need to live a happy, well-directed, fulfilling life were within you... Well some people believe they are.  I love to hear about people's dreams and think about my own.  I love to search them for meaning and symbolism.
For example, last night I dreamed that our house was right on the edge of the marsh, and that the porch was made of glass and shaped like the bow of a ship.  From it's safety I watched as a storm raged upon the waters outside.  A few small vessels were being tossed by the waves, and some items had washed up onto our porch.  I pulled them inside and they were two ladies hats, a fancy black one like an old woman would wear to a funeral, and a summery straw hat with a flowery ribbon around it. There was also a small glass compass with an emerald green sphere in the middle.  I had some idea as to the meaning of this dream before I researched it, and here is what I concluded: The storm represents the turbulence of my life right now (raging emotions, stress, and the unknown.)  The fact that I am watching from a place of safety is good.  Despite the uncertainty of my life right now, I am figuring things out from a place of safety where I have everyone and everything I need while I wait out the "storm."  Hats represent your point of view.  As I have stated before, I believe that we can choose our emotions and our thoughts like we choose our clothes in the morning.  We can be negative and wallow in self-pity, or we can be positive and hopeful, hence: a dreary hat and a cheerful hat.  A compass represents seeking direction and guidance.
Now that January is behind me and I have some established some important good habits, I feel like I have a solid foundation to build on.  And so I thought about my next couple priorities, and took some affirmative steps toward achieving those goals today.  Who knows what will come of it, but when the universe sends us clues, we shouldn't ignore them.  Paying attention to our dreams can help us see things in a new way, learn what our true desires are, get past old ways of thinking and feeling, and move forward.

Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment