Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 1: Chillax

Happy February 1st everyone!  Why is it that on the days that I feel least like dealing with drama are the days that it comes in truckloads?  This morning started beautifully.  I got up early to take my sister to work, then spent a couple hours writing, reading, and meditating.  I focused especially on two mantras: "Tat Tvam Asi" (I see the other in myself and myself in others), which aims at improving personal relationships, and "Sat Chit Ananda" (My inner dialogue reflects the fire of my soul), which aims at controlling your thoughts and emotions and being less swayed by turbulance in your life.  Then things got a little dicey.  I developed an awful migraine, again, and there has been one dramatic, emotional, exhausting conversation after another.  I have literally spent hours today listening to and dealing with people's problems.  And whether from the drama, or the hour, or the meds I've taken to get rid of my headache, I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted.  In fact, as I've been working on this blog, the internet connection is cutting in and out and as I am typing I don't know if I'll be able to post tonight.  Even though I've gone 31 days straight and I hate to lose a day, even though I have managed to plan ahead and make this happen when I wouldn't be home, or when I had plans and was out until all hours of the morning.  I guess sometimes in our lives there are days like this.  Days when we just want to scream or cry or  crawl under the covers and disappear.  Those are the days when we have to try harder to see the good, in others, in ourselves, in life.  We have to take a deep breath, close our eyes, think of something to be grateful for, do the best we can, and trust that tomorrow will be a little easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment