Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 31. Look Back

So, it's the last day in January, and it has really flown by.  When I look back at my posts and read my morning pages (I write at least 3 pages of free-writing every morning), I can't believe all the cool stuff I've been able to do and all the changes I've been through in such a short amount of time.  One thing that Chopra recommends in "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire" is that every evening you replay the events of the day as if you're watching a movie of yourself.  What did you do and how did you look while you were doing it?  Why did you do those things and what does it say about you?  He calls it recapitulation.  Then in the morning, think about any dreams you had.  Try to stay in bed for a few minutes and remember as many details as you can.  What do these dreams mean?  What can they teach you about yourself?
Why is it important to look back like this?  Because when we look back on a regular basis, we see details, even small ones, about our life that we may or may not like.  And noticing those things and having a conscious awareness of them is what will fuel change in our lives.  So, as a character in one of my favorite movies states, "The way forward is sometimes the way back."

No comments:

Post a Comment