Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jan 16. Change Your Point of View

 So I have been a little down the past couple days.  The spark of the new year has dimmed and reality and pessimism have crept in.  But this morning I decided to take a look back and assess the progress I've made.  And while there are still great strides to be made, a lot of little things have added up to a huge step in the right direction.  I realized (as I often do) that it's all in the way you look at it.  I am reminded of two Robin Williams movies- the first is "Dead Poets Society," which is amazing.  As an enthusiastic teacher, he is constantly trying to get his students to see things from new points of view, and he uses the active visual of standing on your desk. Sometimes you have to change the way you're looking at things.  In "Patch Adams" he is a young medical student, seeking to revolutionize the way patients are treated.  In one of his "out of the box" experiments he hangs upside down to illicit new responses from passersby.  If you have never stood on your desk or hung upside down, I strongly recommend you try it.  You never know what new things you'll discover...

"I want to turn the whole thing upside down.  I'll find the things they say just can't be found." - Jack Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment