Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jan 4: Ponder

Okay, it is past midnight and I almost said, "I'll do it tomorrow." But really this has become a good way to wrap up my day and bring meaning to it before turning in.  So even though it's late, here I am.  I have been reading a book by Deepak Chopra, entitled "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire."  There's a lot of new agey lingo and I get lost in some of it.  But in general I feel I have learned a lot and I am already changing.  It's not that his ideas are new.  In a way, I feel I had the answers all along.  It's like reading it has reminded me of what I should already be doing.  Today I read about meditation, something I've done before, though never consistently.  And then tonight at a religious class I attend weekly, the instructor emphasized how important it is to "ponder." I didn't just choose it because it's a fun word... oh, no.  It really can bring clarity and focus to our lives.  We spend all day being bombarded by noise- work, school, television, radio, mind-numbing chit-chat.  In a world so full of static, it can be hard to get a clear signal.  But if we will take the time to ponder, to just sit and listen and be, maybe we'll hear what we've been drowning out all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment