Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan 3: Know What You Want

You can't get what you want if you don't know what you want.  So today's challenge: Know what you want.  I took some time today to thumb through a bunch of old magazines and clip out things that symbolized what I want from the New Year.  Things like a bag of vegetables and a woman running mean I want to be healthier.  The plane and the map of Australia are because a friend of mine has invited me, and I really want to go.  The hot air balloons and the roller coaster represent things I'd like to do.  The butterflies are a symbol that I've adopted for years to represent ideas about myself.  Quotes like "a clean start," "a new point of view," "rise and shine," and "refresh" are mottos I'd like to adopt and represent a direction I'd like my life to take.  Later I did this activity with my family and we talked about our goals together.  It's funny how different our collages each turned out.  My little brother's had an x-box, a car (because he can get his learner's this year), and a piggy bank.  My Dad's had a picture of an organized closet, a family spending time together.  My Mom's had a picture of the temple, a family, and Christ, things that are all close to her heart.
          Whatever your goals are, visualizing them in the form of a collage helps to make them more real.  And putting your collage in a place where you can see it every day will inspire you to realize your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment