Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 24. Get Up!

Felt awful this morning b/c at the last moment my dad wanted me to work with him and I just laid in bed like I was in a coma.  I was aware of what was going on around me (kind of) and I knew what I should do, but I literally could... not... move my body.  It's like I ate that fruit in "The Rundown."  I finally got up at noon, noticed my friend who'd left the room earlier and I should have been "entertaining" or something, was already out and about.  I went into the living room and she was asleep on the couch and some hollywood gossip show was on, which, I am not proud to say, I watched for awhile.  It wasn't until almost 4 that we finally got out of the house and got things done.  Ever noticed that some days you feel like you completely wasted, and other days you are exhilarated by how much you accomplished?  What is the difference?  How we slept the night before?  What we have going on that day?  Or is it the very spirit with which we begin our day, from the moment we open our eyes?
I was a morning person at one time.  I got up before the sun every day, went for a bike-ride, watched the sunrise... I felt energized and awake and alive all day.  I'd love to get that feeling back.  And so even though I got up at noon today, which is sad, that also means there's plenty of room for improvement.  I researched ways to become a morning person : go to bed earlier, ease up on computers and tv in the hours before bed, make your room less stimulating and more relaxing (so you sleep better), get the alarm away from you so you have to get up to turn it off, DO NOT hit snooze, have something to do right away, especially something to look forward to, etc.  I break those rules violently, for example I am writing this at 1:20 a.m., after watching 2 movies w/ friends.  But hey, acknowledging that you have a problem is half the battle, right? .... Right?

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.” _- Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. On this one it's pretty great. I can control my mind pretty well as far as getting up goes. I lay in bed and think about little things that make me feel great after I've accomplished them.Brushing my teeth and opening the kitchen window to feel the breeze and turning on Saturday cartoons for noise are some of my favorites:)

    ReplyDelete